Thursday, June 25, 2015

Draznar Uncensored: DOOM Gotter - What's Next?

DOOM Gotter, for those that don't already know, is the most recent endeavour between Ironhaus Productions' Jimmy Rommel and Imperfecz Design's Luke Harris. For those of you not in the know, it's a line of  mini-figures pulling inspiration from folklore, mythology, and cryptozoology.

So far, we've seen some "yokai", which are Japanese ghosts, and one character from cryptozoology. I haven't picked up the second series just yet, but the first series is absolutely fantastic. There is an optional paint wash option, and I strongly recommend getting it. It really adds character to the already very-well detailed figures.

Moving on from what's been done, what is something the fans are hoping to see in this line? I don't have any knowledge on future creatures, so I'm in the same boat as the rest of you in terms of speculation.

Here are my top picks for figures I hope to see in the future:

Bigfoot - This guy is a personal favourite of mine. I would be incredibly pleased to see either a Bigfoot or a Yeti enter the fray!

Ogopogo - A cryptid from British Columbia which is essentially the "Canadian Nessie." Nessie would also work but I've got too much Canadian pride. (We in fact have a few "pogo" lake monsters here!)

Mothman - A fairly popular creature from the United States. I think the talent here at Ironhaus or at Imperfecz could both pull off a fearsome and fitting version of the character for DOOM Gotter.

Kappa - The Kappa is considered a yokai, so he already fits the criteria for the series!

Megalodon - Technically an extinct animal, but is considered a cryptid by some who say it is still alive. I think an anthropomorphized version of this big guy would be Jawesome. (Yes, I went there.)


Now that you've heard my top picks for future hopefuls, what are yours? Feel free to leave a comment either on the blog or on our Facebook posts! While I am positive Luke and Jimmy have a good idea of where they want to take this series, a suggestion or two could never hurt! (Or help to cement an idea they already have.)


As always, thanks for reading my rantings and stay tuned to the blog for updates on all future Ironhaus products!

- Draznar

No comments:

Post a Comment