Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Mythical Warriors of the Ring


So, I have always been of the school of "Hand sculpted figures rule, everything else is garbage". 
That being said, I am always reticent to involve digitally sculpted toys with my collection... 

This is the part, where I admit to being a bit myopic folks.
I saw the Mythical Warriors of the Ring line being promoted over at Little Rubber Guys Forum, and at first it was a resin-cast concept line... I saw some 3-D modeled animal wrestlers, and they looked cool... But still, 3-D modeled, right? Then the guys behind the line, went and got some of their figures factory produced, and at $9 for three figures, I couldn't resist. I had seen great reviews of their work on LRG, and had to see what the hubbub was about.
I ordered a pack, got them in hand less than a week later, and WOWZERS.
Guys, I am hooked. 
There is the spider guy Widowmaker, Kayin Kungaa (the gorilla, channeling the spirit of Andre the Giant), and Sheldon Sabre (reminiscent of Satoru Saiyama/Tiger Mask)... All three are in different dynamic poses, and being cast in PVC, they are extremely playable. 

My favorite, is Sabre, as I am a big mark for the Tiger Mask lineage, and his pose lends itself to the emulation of a lot of your favorite pro wrestling moves. I have to admit, this line has definitely opened my mind to 3-D sculpting, and I look forward to picking up future releases from this line. At $9 for a 3-pack, and $5 for a ring with glow in the dark ropes, the affordability of the line is certainly a draw too.
Buy them HERE. You don't really have a good reason NOT to.

-Rommel


No comments:

Post a Comment